Elegance of Egypt (Winter 2018-19)
About Cairo, Egypt
Additional Included Highlights
- Aswan: See Aswan's High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk. Kom Ombo: Learn about the only temple in Egypt that is dedicated to two gods. Esna: Visit Esna Temple, dedicated to the God of creation. West Bank: Visit the Colossi of Memnon and the Temple of Hatshepsut. Valley of the Kings: Venture to the Necropolis where many Pharaohs were laid to rest, including Tutankhamun. Karnak: Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
- Aswan: Like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy the sunset and afternoon tea in colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show.
- Nile Cruise: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans making authentic Egyptian bread.
- Dining Summary: 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 3 Lunches (L), 1 Dinner (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with bottled water, tea or coffee.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
- Cairo: Overlooking the magnificent River Nile, the Conrad Cairo is centrally located and offers premium rooms, elegant dining and 24-hour entertainment with a glamorous International Casino.
- Cruising: For the ultimate in luxury and refinement, set sail aboard the deluxe all-suite River Tosca. Experience old world elegance, blended with modern amenities and comfort. The spacious suites are tastefully designed with marble bathrooms. Outside on the sun deck, the pool and shaded cabanas offer an oasis of calm to relax and enjoy the ever-changing scenery.
Top Rated Highlights
- Cairo: Gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery - Tutankhamun’s treasure.
- Giza: Meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
- Philae Island: Rising from the waters, on the Island of Philae is the amazing Temple of Isis. Board a motorboat to get there.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the Temple of Hatshepsut and royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.